Monday, February 7, 2011

The Old College Gang

Maggon, Kristie, Alyson
Stacey and Shalisa

Every Christmas I get together with my old roommates from Snow College. We had a day planned in December to meet in Salt Lake for lunch. I awoke that morning to find about 4 inches of snow on the ground. My friends Alyson and Maggon were going to pick me up on their way. At about 8 a.m. Alyson called to ask how the weather was up north. I told her we had some snow and that it was still coming down. She informed me that she and Maggon were snowed in. She said they had about 2 feet of snow. We decided to postpone our lunch so that everyone could make it alive.
Saturday I woke up to find a dusting of snow and thought, "oh no." Thank goodness it wasn't too bad. 5 of the 6 of us met up at the Lionhouse for lunch (Shalisa lives in Oklahoma). We had so much fun catching up and reminiscing. I love these ladies. Technically they weren't my actual roommates. I had some interesting experiences with my actual roommates and didn't really feel comfortable around them. My friend Kristie whom I had grown up with lived just below me. I hung out at her apartment and she and her roommates took me in and we became great friends. It amazes me that we are still friends, only because I was such a dork in college. I still am, but I'm glad they still count me as a friend. It was great to learn what everyone is up to these days. We talked about our kids and our church callings. Kristie is expecting baby number 4 next week and looked awesome. Alyson's husband Nate who is also a friend of ours is the bishop in his ward. Our lives are all pretty busy, but we still have time to listen and care for each other. I'm so glad I got to know all of these ladies. We need to get together more often. I forgot my camera Saturday, the pictures are from our get together in 2001.

No comments: