Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010

The cast of the Nativity play
mesmerized by Grandpa's train
Silly nephew
sorting
WOW!



Maren got a "quiet book" for church, hopefully it will work
matching jammies
I love the look on her face

We had a great Christmas this year. I tried really hard to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and to just enjoy things. I did pretty good, except for the frustrations of finishing the doll house.
We spent Christmas Eve with my family. We had a yummy dinner and the kids played the piano for us and acted out the nativity. I love spending the evening with my family, I love watching my kids play with their cousins. I think one of the funniest events of the evening was watching Maren try to steal baby Jesus from Mary (Sydnee). She threw quite the fit, luckily Ben caught it on video. The girls loved their new pajamas and got ready for bed pretty fast. We tracked Santa on NORAD and then went to bed. Santa visited our house and left us lots of presents.
The girls were up and ready to open presents, but Maren was still asleep. We fed Addy and Sydnee breakfast to try to distract them. Finally, Maren got up and they tore into the presents. Addy and Sydnee loved the dollhouse. I had a chat with Santa and between him and both sets of grandparents, their house is fully furnished. Maren loves her new little kitchen and tea set. She didn't tear into the presents like I expected her to. She loved seeing everything and toting it around. Next year, I'm sure she will understand more. After opening everything, we went to my parents to exchange gifts with my siblings and nephews. I think I won favorite Aunt this year. We gave my two older nephews remote control helicopters and the younger one a remote control train. They were a huge hit, so much so that we had to go to Macey's Monday morning to get a few more helicopters. We ended the day with Ben's family. It wasn't as chaotic there as other years and was fairly relaxing. We left when Maren hit melt down mode. It was a nice day and I am so grateful we could spend time with our families. I am so grateful for the best gift of Christmas, my savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his birth and for his atonement. It truly is the best gift of all.

No comments: