Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Advice Please?

I keep thinking that in 11 months Addy will be baptized. I'm already getting nervous thinking that I haven't taught her enough and wondering if Addy will be ready to be baptized. She's a good kid and she knows a lot, but is it enough to know she is ready to be baptized. I'd like to know if you AKA all my friends who read this have ideas of things you are doing or have done to help your children prepare. I have some ideas, but I would like more. Thank you, that's all!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Naomi and I are reading the Book of Mormon together. Also, my mom started a tradition in our family of having someone do a portrait (drawn) of the child with Jesus in the background. Mom's gone, but I'd like to continue.

Erin said...

About a year before our Addie's baptism we sat down and picked topics for Family Home Evening that would help her to be better prepared for being baptized. We also went to all of the church history sites so that she could be in the Sacred Grove and Nauvoo. Going to the Sacred Grove is one of the best things we did. Addie decided to say a prayer there and ask if the church was true.