Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Talent Show


Addy's first grade class had a talent show last week. Addy's teacher is so great, she has the kids participate in little programs all the time to build their confidence. The kids in the class shared artwork, played the piano, some did karate and others danced and did flips. It was fun to watch. Addy wrote a poem called someone is kissing. It was really cute.

Someone is Kissing
Someone is kissing and I don't know why?
Maybe they are missing each other.
I don't know why,
I still don't know why?

What a cute girl Addy is, she sat down and came up with this poem all by herself in just a few minutes, it made me laugh a little. She did a great job, she spoke a little too quietly, but so did all of the other kids. It was a great way to boost the kids self esteem. The bratty child I spoke of in an earlier post sat next to us and coughed all over Maren. His mother told him to cover his mouth once and that was it. He whined and talked through the whole show. If my child were coughing, I would not have sat by a small baby, oh well, I guess his mother just isn't as considerate as I am. ;)

No comments: