Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Dresses





Today I gave my girls their Christmas dresses to wear to church. They looked so cute, we had to snap some pictures. Since this is my journal, I need to record what I experienced in Sacrament meeting. The choir and congregation sang many songs together and there were two really good talks. The first song was "Away in a Manger" I've sung that song every day for the last month with my girls, but today it was different. I was holding Maren trying to rock her to sleep. I looked at her face and thought about Mary and how she must have felt and the circumstances surrounding the birth of our Savior. I started to cry. I felt the spirit so strong and I felt so much love. Babies bring so much love into a home. I thought about Jesus and how he came as a baby into the world in such a humble setting. It's hard to describe all of the feelings I had, but love and peace are the two easiest words. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent His son into the world as a newborn baby to grow and learn as other children have. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and the ultimate gift of the atonement. What a great reminder at this time of year. I had a hard time keeping it together the rest of the program. The music was gorgeous and the talks were very thought provoking. I really needed this feeling of love today.

No comments: