Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do I know how to have fun or what?


Last Thursday, I finally had my knee surgery. After a year of making snap, crackle and pop noises every time I moved, I decided it was time. After a long stressful day of waiting and wearing a lovely gown and paper shorts, the nice OR nurses came and gave me the good drugs. The next thing I remember was waking up with a tube in my throat. After the tube was removed and I woke up a little more, I was taken to the recovery area. After a dose of Percocet, I was allowed to get dressed which was oh so fun, and go home. Getting in the house was a joke. I couldn't quite get the hang of the crutches. I finally made it to bed and Ben helped get me all set up. Now that it's five days later and I am no longer on pain meds, things are okay. I get to start physical therapy tomorrow which really excites me. If you get bored and need a laugh, come watch me try to walk around the house or get up off the couch.

No comments: