Monday, August 25, 2008

It's finally here




It's finally here, the first day of kindergarten. I still am having a hard time believing that I am old enough to have a child in kindergarten. Addy was so excited this morning. At 7:20 this morning Addy climbed in my bed and asked "mommy, is it time to get ready for school yet?" It only took Addy about five minutes to get dressed since she had chosen her clothes several days ago. When we reached the school the kids lined up at the door and waited for their teacher Mrs. Durrant to come and get them. The principal had the kids wave and blow their parents a kiss as they walked into the school. And then she was gone. I have to admit I actually teared up for just a minute. I am so happy for Addy and I know she will love school. Meanwhile, Sydnee and I are having a blast playing together. Sydnee is all decked out in her Snow White outfit playing with the dollhouse. She ditched me a few minutes ago to play on her own. I love being a mom and I love both of my girls. It's always fun to turn the page and start another chapter in life.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so cute that she was so excited! Wasn't it just yesterday we were playing with our Samantha and Molly dolls? Where has the time gone???

sue said...

I know how you feel Isaac's first day of 1st grade was yesterday. He had a good time. Gone from 8-2:30 around noon I really started to miss him. I guess we all have to get use to it.

Adam and Shalisa said...

She looks so cute. The 1st day of school is so exciting.